Thursday 9 March 2017

3 Jobs!

In today's session we all spoke about social media and what online platforms we use in order to gain work and experience.

We created a list of online platforms we could sign up to and that would help us gain work and experience, the list was as followed:

  • Productionbase.co.uk ( Image One)
  • LinkedIn.com ( Image Two) 
  • ModelMayhem.com ( Image Three)
  • Buffer.com ( Image Four)
  • Mandy.com ( Image Five) 
  • Starnow.com ( Image Six)
Image One.I signed up to  production base in order to gain more opportunities in the industry.(Pape,2017)
Image Two. I already had a linkedin profile however during this lesson I spent time setting it up.(Pape,2017).

Image Three. I also had a model mayhem profiles so I also spent time during the lesson on this.(Pape,2017)
Image Four.Once I had  set up my linkedin I then downloaded and  signed up for buffer, I then linked up all my professional social media to it which  I  will use to post all my posts to my different social medias. (Pape,2017)




Image Five. I already had a profile for mandy set up however I needed to spend time on setting up and getting used to how to use it.(Pape,2017).

Image Six. This is another platform I already had before this lesson however I needed to take time to sort out my profile.(Pape.2017).

We were given a task to do during the break, the task was to look at 3 jobs we would apply for and we had to consider the following : 

  • Training 
  • Travel 
  • Requirements 
  • Pay 


Job #1

I found this job on mandy.com which is a film and tv directory.

Image Seven.A screenshot of the first job I found.(www.mandy.com, 2017)

Training?  Training may be required if you do not have any experience, however I have a knowledge of special effect make up so I would just practice the looks prior to the days of the shoot.
Travel? I used the trainline app on my phone to see how much travel would cost as I can't drive so I would have to go by train. However when I looked at the price for a return I was looking at tickets of £85.20 so taking that away from the £110 that left me with £24.80 from the job and as it is in Bristol and for two days I would have to have accommodation which the cost of the job wouldn't cover therefore I would be losing money.
Image Eight.Screenshot of the cost of travel from salford to bristol.(Pape,2017)

Requirements ? To be confident in creating the following special effects looks : 
  • A slit throat from a knife
  • Gun shot to the leg ( wearing jeans)
  • Stabbing a knife into a foot.
Pay? £110 for the two days with 5 hours on set per day.However like I mentioned in the travel section once I have calculated the price of trains and then accomodation I would be losing money 

Have a look at the job here! http://www.mandy.com/projob/394319/special_effects_artist/

Job #2



Image Nine.Screenshot of job #2 which I found on starnow.com. (www.Starnow.co.uk, 2017)

  • Training? A basic knowledge of make up application for TV/ filming and also the knowledge of how lighting can change make up.
  • Travel ? The job is in London so I would be using trains to get to London and then taxi/bus to the actual location.
  • Requirements ?  To be able to create and touch up neutral make up application with the use of dramatic lighting.
  • Pay ? Pay is included however it is only travel and lunch and on the post it mentions that the production dates are 1st - 2nd April therefore accommodation may be required which I would have to pay for myself, therefore I am losing money, especially as it is in London the price for accommodation will be expensive.
Have a look at the job here! https://www.starnow.co.uk/listing/839777/makeup-artist-wanted-music-video-melodic-hardcore-metalcore/

Job #3

Image Ten.Job #3 that I found that I would be interested in taking.(www.Starnow.co.uk, 2017)

  • Training ? Knowledge of creating realistic scars,cuts and bruises such as the anatomy of ageing of bruises, cuts etc.
  • Travel ?  It is based in Manchester so I would be able to use a range of public transport depending on which method was best ( train or bus)
  • Requirements ?  To create scars,cuts and bruises that look realistic.
  • Pay ? There is no strict pay however they mentioned about reimbursing for travel and materials used that I have used.
Have a look at the job here! https://www.starnow.co.uk/listing/830571/mua-wanted-scarring-and-bruising-effects-short-film-impact/



Image One.I signed up to  production base in order to gain more opportunities in the industry.(Pape,2017)

Pape,E(2017).I signed up to  production base in order to gain more opportunities in the industry.[Photograph].

Image Two. I already had a linkedin profile however during this lesson I spent time setting it up.(Pape,2017).

Pape,E(2017). I already had a linkedin profile however during this lesson I spent time setting it up.[Photograph].

Image Three. I also had a model mayhem profiles so I also spent time during the lesson on this.(Pape,2017)

Pape,E(2017). I also had a model mayhem profiles so I also spent time during the lesson on this.[Photograph].
Image Four.Once I had  set up my linkedin I then downloaded and  signed up for buffer, I then linked up all my professional social media to it which  I  will use to post all my posts to my different social medias. (Pape,2017).

Pape,E(2017).Once I had  set up my linkedin I then downloaded and  signed up for buffer, I then linked up all my professional social media to it which  I  will use to post all my posts to my different social medias.[Photograph]

Image Five. I already had a profile for mandy set up however I needed to spend time on setting up and getting used to how to use it.(Pape,2017).

Pape,E(2017).I already had a profile for mandy set up however I needed to spend time on setting up and getting used to how to use it.[Photograph]

Image Six. This is another platform I already had before this lesson however I needed to take time to sort out my profile.(Pape.2017).

Pape,E(2017).This is another platform I already had before this lesson however I needed to take time to sort out my profile.[Photograph]

Image Seven.A screenshot of the first job I found.(www.mandy.com, 2017)

www.mandy.com, (2017). [Photograph] Available at: http://www.mandy.com/projob/394319/special_effects_artist/ [Accessed 14 Mar. 2017]
Image Eight.Screenshot of the cost of travel from salford to bristol.(Pape,2017)

Pape,E(2017).Screenshot of the cost of travel from salford to bristol.[Photograph]

Image Nine.Screenshot of job #2 which I found on starnow.com.(www.Starnow.co.uk, 2017)

www.Starnow.co.uk, (2017). [Photograph] Available at: https://www.starnow.co.uk/listing/839777/makeup-artist-wanted-music-video-melodic-hardcore-metalcore/ [Accessed 14 Mar. 2017].


Image Ten.Job #3 that I found that I would be interested in taking.(www.Starnow.co.uk, 2017)

www.Starnow.co.uk, (2017). [Photograph] Available at: https://www.starnow.co.uk/listing/830571/mua-wanted-scarring-and-bruising-effects-short-film-impact/ [Accessed 14 Mar. 2017].

No comments:

Post a Comment