Thursday 9 March 2017

PPD #5

Today in PPD we spoke all about growth mindset.
We watched a video which I have linked below.

Video One.(Growth Mindset by Carol Dweck - Animated book summary - Growth mindset and fixed mindset, 2016).

We spoke about whether we are a fixed or growth mindset.

The traits for a fixed mindset are as follows:

  • Avoiding challenges 
  • Giving up easily 
  • Seeing effort as temporary 
  • Getting frustrated and ignoring feedback or criticism 
  • Feeling threatened by others success
The traits of a growth mindset include:

  • Embracing challenges 
  • Pushing through setback 
  • Believing in your effort is most important 
  • Using feedback and criticism as a way of improvement 
  • Inspired and learns from other success. 

From looking at these traits I would say that when it comes to some things I can be a fixed mindset however in certain situations I can be a growth mindset it simply depends on the situation. I find myself to be very determined therefore being a growth mindset a key example is when it comes to university as I am always trying to do the best I can and I take feedback and criticism as a way for me to improve and do better. However on the other hand when I get into a rut and I doubt my own work I feel like I can be a very fixed mindset. 





Bibliography -
 Video One.(Growth Mindset by Carol Dweck - Animated book summary - Growth mindset and fixed mindset, 2016)

Growth Mindset by Carol Dweck - Animated book summary - Growth mindset and fixed mindset. (2016). [video] Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyIF5VUOJc0 [Accessed 16 Mar. 2017].

No comments:

Post a Comment